Thursday, September 15, 2011

(Review of a career that I am NOT Interested in)

Museum Curator 
http://careers.stateuniversity.com/pages/548/Museum-curator.html



Training and Education: Usually requires a master's degree. In natural history and science museums they require a doctoral degree. Most curators do their graduate work in art, art history, or some specialized area such as archaeology and work in museums.

Variations of the job: They are responsible for finding and choosing what pieces of art goes in the museums, and how they are to be displayed.


Salary: Median—$43,920 per year


Start up cost: However much your schooling cost. 


The portfolio: Needs to be relevant of the job. Maybe having to do with your work in museum artwork or how you can choose artwork for the museum.


This career wouldn't be a good career choice for me because I would find it way too stressful to try to choose artwork worthy of being in a museum. It would place to much on my plate, i feel because having to make decisions that affect other people usually freaks me out. So, I wouldn't be able to do this job. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. Too much work and not enough money I would say. Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way.
    I think it would be boring. It seems like it wouldn't have much variation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I wouldn't enjoy this job either. Especially with that small salary.

    ReplyDelete